Pages

torstai 25. lokakuuta 2012

My Carry-On Essentials For Long Flights

Very good morning everyone! It's yet another beautiful day here in Sydney and I have a lot of work to do. Before getting busy with my businesses, I would like to share with you my carry-on flying essentials.


When you know you will be traveling 33 hours and you are wondering what you should take onto the plane, I would recommend you to keep it simple. I flew from Helsinki to Sydney with two stops in Copenhagen and Singapore - a route which I by the way can recommend - and the total flight time was 32,5 hours. So first, make sure you have a good travel neck pillow with you, not the crappy ones they give you in the airplane (they will only make you angry), but something like this:


Secondly, I booked my seats as close as I could get to the front of the plane. Why you ask? This way you will be among the first people served and it will allow you to go sleep sooner. So, when you've eaten, had something to drink and made a quick visit to the bathroom, you can go to sleep. Put the earplugs and a sleeping mask on, take one sleeping pill and dig yourself under the blanket. If you're tired already, eye drops for tired eyes are very good, I use the mark called Visine.  



As I'm not 18-year-old anymore, I wore extra strong pantyhose during the whole trip. That's because I heard a nasty story about a girl my age who traveled from Australia to Finland and she had got some ugly varicose veins. Also, if you are sensitive to swelling, there are pills that make the swelling go down. I took one when I arrived to Sydney. 


This last carry-on essential was given to me by an always thoughtful friend A. When you are super tired it really helps a lot if you can squirt some fresh and cold spring water on your face. My tip for you is to keep it somewhere safe on the airplane's floor as it is the coldest place on the plane! 

So here you go, my flying essentials. If you want more tips for long flights, here are couple good sites: Flight Attendant Blog and Travellious.

Safe landings everyone!

1 kommentti:

Kiitos!